Student Code of Behaviour
St Joseph’s Code of Behaviour is intended to support students in their learning to participate constructively in the school community. At St Joseph’s Walgett, every person has the right to a quality education and an environment based on the values of Jesus Christ as espoused by the Catholic Tradition.
It is designed to guide students to take a responsibility and an active role in the school community. We strive to instil a sense of respect, responsibility and achievement (for self, others and the environment) where each child reaches his/her full potential.
The following codes have been created collaboratively by staff, parents and children to assist the children enrolled at St Joseph’s to achieve the aims specified above.
- Use my hands and feet nicely
- Sit properly
- Walk on concrete surfaces
- Stay in supervised areas
- Wear hat in unsheltered areas
- Be polite and use good manners
- Treat others kindly and play fair
- Look after the property of others
- Wear school uniform with pride
Be a Good Learner
- Look, listen and learn
- Work hard
- Do my best
- Do neat work
- Work cooperatively in groups